EMPLOyment with the APCSM
Part-time Project and Development Coordinator
The Animal Protection Center of Southeastern Massachusetts (APCSM) is seeking a part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) project and development coordinator to oversee two major events and other fundraising opportunities throughout the year, as well as boost communication efforts.
- Coordinate and organize established events/special projects/fundraisers for the shelter and work with staff and board to develop new events with the goal of one event per month;
- Assist in coordinating and growing the volunteer program;
- Maintain social media pages in regards to events, special needs/appeals, etc.;
- Write and distribute press releases and other media materials; write and post
online calendar event listings;
- Coordinate mass mailing appeal letters (ideally 2 per year);
- Occasionally represent shelter at community events;
- Re-start and maintain a monthly e-newsletter.
- Must have nonprofit experience and general animal knowledge – shelter knowledge a plus;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate;
- Social media experience on basic platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), others a plus;
- Be creative and forward thinking;
- Experience using Microsoft Office a must; Constant Contact a plus.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing or communication is preferred, or equivalent experience.
This position offers flexible hours, a great work environment, room to grow and a chance to pet kittens and dogs (and bunnies and ferrets) every day. The right person will see this as an opportunity to take ideas and run with them to grow our organization and your career.
Interested applicants can send a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org